How Much Does Legal Work Cost?
Historically, legal work has been based upon an hourly rate charged by the solicitor and any fee charged simply a calculation of the time spent on the matter.
At PFS we seek to agree fees with our clients before we are instructed in a matter. We will seek to provide a fixed fee quote or fee range where possible. It isn’t always possible for us to do so, and in matters where we cannot provide a fixed fee, our hourly charge is £215 per hour, exclusive of VAT and outlays.
The cost of each transaction will depend upon the work that needs to be done.
Indicative Legal Fees
- Will – from £150
- “Mirror” Wills (spouses/co-habitees) – from £250
- Power of Attorney – from £200
- “Mirror” Power of Attorney (spouses/co-habitees) – from £350
- House Purchase – from £625
- House Sale – from £595
- Discharge of mortgage security – from £200
- Separation Agreement – from £950
- Guardianship – from £1,750
- Employment Settlement Agreements – from £300 (usually paid by employer)
- Commercial lease – from £1,495
- Commercial purchase or sale – from £995
- Litigation and Debt Recovery – hourly rate (quote will be provided)
- Deceased Estates – hourly rate (quote or estimated fee scale will be provided)
All fees are exclusive of VAT and outlays.