Making a Will
Pollock Fairbridge Schiavone Solicitors based in Stepps, Glasgow offer a comprehensive Will writing service giving you peace of mind that your wishes will be carried out when you are no longer here.
Many of us put off making a Will. Some believe it is not relevant as they are too young or not wealthy enough. Others simply don’t want to think about it. Around two thirds of eligible people in Scotland have not made a Will.
Why Make a Will ?
- If you don’t have a Will then your estate will be distributed in accordance with the laws of intestate succession. This may not reflect your wishes and can lead to delays, additional costs and stress to your family.
- A comprehensive and fully enforceable Will ensures your estate is distributed in accordance with your wishes. It gives you peace of mind knowing your loved ones are provided for, particularly any special provisions for vulnerable family members.
- The changes in modern life mean that a Will is especially important. There is an increasing trend towards couples living together (remaining unmarried) and sometimes with children.
- A will is critical where heritable property is involved or for those in second marriages with children from the previous marriage.
- In addition to a will, cohabitees should seriously consider entering into a Cohabitation Agreement.
You may have made a Will in the past and your circumstances have changed. It is also important to bear in mind that the law is constantly evolving and a Will prepared several years ago may not reflect your wishes, particularly those instructed prior to 2007. Pollock Fairbridge Schiavone Solicitors can carry out a Will review and advise you of any changes that may be required.
For an informal chat, please do not hesitate to call our Stepps office or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org